Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Companies/Kits Comments/Answers

1. Default Re: Turbo Companies/Kits Comments/Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocharged‚ĄĘ
    Well if you recall the first time I brought it to you with that nasty tune,¬* the first thing you did was turn off the tweecer just to see how the car ran.¬* Instantly it had excellent throttle response.¬* But once we plugged a tune in the part throttle response diminished.¬* You got the car to run fairly well but it still lacks good throttle response.¬* I to think the Tweecer is fucked.¬* I'm not too concerned with it right now as winter is here.¬* I'm seriously considering that¬* chip Matt sells along with that AVC-R boost controller. A cost effective alternative to a standalone.
    Well yeah, that's cause the original tune had a couple very obvious boo boos...

Problem is, we could not get the car to act up on the dyno... And I gave you a couple tunes the first time, one bone stock (or at teh very least, bone stock in the part throttle dept...cant remember for sure, and you said that one didn't work perfectly either.... that is what confused me the second time you came back since the problem makes no sense from a tune point of view....if with the tweecer bypassed it drives so well....

gotta be the tweecer.... for whatever reason....

2. Default Re: Turbo Companies/Kits Comments/Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomak
    Well yeah, that's cause the original tune had a couple very obvious boo boos...

Problem is, we could not get the car to act up on the dyno...¬* And I gave you a couple tunes the first time, one bone stock (or at teh very least, bone stock in the part throttle dept...cant remember for sure, and you said that one didn't work perfectly either.... that is what confused me the second time you came back since the problem makes no sense from a tune point of view....if with the tweecer bypassed it drives so well....

gotta be the tweecer.... for whatever reason....

Well its almost impossible to feel how the car is really reacting on a dyno. The best thing would be to run it on the street with a datalogger. This way you could truly feel how the car is reacting to changes.

Fuck, I was pretty happy with your tune. I mean I beat the hell out of that old motor and ran big boost on it for two seasons now with no real issues. Where other guys were melting pistons, popping head gaskets and splitting blocks, my little old 302 has held together. Thats gotta say something about the tune
    Brad S Taylor
    RE/MAX Realty Professionals
    Email: bradtaylor@realtybybrad.com
    Mobile: 403.703.1508
    Office: 403.259.4141

Default Re: Turbo Companies/Kits Comments/Answers

I have a question? What about the old junkyard turbo set up I have seen guy's run either a single or twin turbo using the Thunderbird turbocoupe turbo's. I guess they call it a low budget turbo set up. They even had a write on the installation in a old issue of MM&FF. Can it be done cheaper than the $5000.00 brand new systems or are they a pain in the @$$ to install and tune?

4. Default Re: Turbo Companies/Kits Comments/Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 86caprirs
    I have a question? What about the old junkyard turbo set up I have seen guy's run either a single or twin turbo using the Thunderbird turbocoupe turbo's. I guess they call it a low budget turbo set up. They even had a write on the installation in a old issue of MM&FF. Can it be done cheaper than the $5000.00 brand new systems or are they a pain in the @$$ to* install and tune?
    I'm certain that if you had the skills, tools and knowledge, it could be done for less then $5000.00 for sure.
    Brad S Taylor
    RE/MAX Realty Professionals
    Email: bradtaylor@realtybybrad.com
    Mobile: 403.703.1508
    Office: 403.259.4141

Actually theres guys doing JY twin turbo set ups on 5.0's for less than 1k. Of course they cut every corner they possibly can, but alot of them turn out pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbochargedô
    I'm certain that if you had the skills, tools and knowledge, it could be done for less then $5000.00 for sure.
    Agreed, i could do it for less the 1k, Turbos and FMIC, not including injectors or tuning. Thats doing it your self, not what i would charge!

7. Default Re: Turbo Companies/Kits Comments/Answers

The hardest part of a DIY job is the Hot Side of the system. That's why I like I like Pony Down Performance in Detroit http://ziptie007.phpwebhosting.com/catalog/index.php Their main guy Jeff (aka ZIP) has been great to deal with and answer questions while i piece together my TT system.
    1986 GT Cobra - it&#039;s turbo time<br />

8. Default Re: Turbo Companies/Kits Comments/Answers

Well I got this kit over the winter , I will say it's well built kit and their support is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.bbsdesigns.net/cgi-local/...8b6+1140635701
    here is a pic
    1989 Camaro hardtop 353 TPI <br />5 speed 3.73 gears <br /><br />...just bought me a turbo kit for it now . 570 rwhp here I come !!!<br />My exhaust clip ...let it load , it sounds sweet<br />http://media.putfile.com/My-exhaust-clip

9. Default Re: Turbo Companies/Kits Comments/Answers

Non-intercooled?

10. Default Re: Turbo Companies/Kits Comments/Answers

yup , thats down the raod for me . i plan on only 6 psi for now . So it's fine . I wanna get a different tranny and rearend as these don't even like stock stuff much . So after that .... 15 psi here we come
    1989 Camaro hardtop 353 TPI <br />5 speed 3.73 gears <br /><br />...just bought me a turbo kit for it now . 570 rwhp here I come !!!<br />My exhaust clip ...let it load , it sounds sweet<br />http://media.putfile.com/My-exhaust-clip