Thread: Well, my heater fan went

Default Well, my heater fan went

Anyone know how much of a pain in the ass they are to change? Any tips?

I found a new one for $175. All the wreckers I called wanted 150+ for a used one
    1999 Ford Ranger. Looking for complete MAF 5.0/T5 for a swap

Default Re: Well, my heater fan went

You mean the blower motor right?

If so.. have fun.

Oh yeah.. and make sure it's not working completely. If the blower is working only on a high setting, your blower resistor is cooked and there's probably nothing wrong with the blower motor itself. A much more forgiving, and cheaper job to deal with.
    2004 SRT-4... black.

those are alot of fun to put in

Yea im sure its the motor. it squeaked and rattled for the longest time then just quit working.

Ive had mine out a few times... my motor still works, Ive just had to pull in out and re grease the bearing cause it was squeaing so much...
    Its not that hard to get it out... 10 min maybe... its just hard on the back more than anything getting up there....
    Take the glove box door off, the lower panel out, and theres just 3 - 6 or 7 mm bolts to remove the blower motor...

6. Default Re: Well, my heater fan went

anyone change the resistor before? I just picked up the part, wondering what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RawGTP
    anyone change the resistor before? I just picked up the part, wondering what to do.
    Change it? Up and under the right side of the dash, lower cover has to come off, similar to the blower motor. Be careful you don't bend any connections uninstalling/reinstalling it.
    2004 SRT-4... black.

I wanted to get the cooling system flushed also, so I just took the car in.

Cost 350 bucks to get the motor changed and a flush at the dealership so I figured why not.

9. Default Re: Well, my heater fan went

PM Me for web services/hosting/domain registrations
    http://raztech.net

Default Well my heater fan went

Sucks... But you might as well just keep it around? No sense in getting rid of the HS boards... Maybe we just need to get the word out a little more?