Thread: leaking into heater motor

Default leaking into heater motor

so near as i can figure the plastic cowl piece on the passenger side (2000 gtp) is allowing water to leak directly into the heater fan
    i removed it and i can reach right down to the fan. Is there not supposed to be some sort of filter there or flap to stop this from happening?
    anyway heater motor will not spin up now highest it gets is 10-15 rpm but I'm hoping that when i solve this leaking problem it will dry out and let itself wind up
    now does anyone know if i just pot a new cowl piece on there is this going to stop the problem or am i just throwing money away on a larger problem
    if anyone has seen this problem some input would be greatly appreciated as i would like to get the snowdrift off of it and be able to drive it for the short trips around the city instead of warmin up the diesel
    Ford---at least they circle the problem

2. Default Re: leaking into heater motor

You need to have a cabin filter. IF you do not have that, then get one and install it. If that does not solve the problem, the repost and we will go from there.
    99 GTP, CAI, 72mm TB, P&P M90 blower, Intercooled, P&P LIM, 3.0" pulley, 1.8 RR's, P&P manis, 42# injectors Magnaflow 3" exhaust, Overkill PCM, Powerslot brake upgrade w/ Hawk pads, BMR suspension upgrade, Eibachs, KYB struts, 18" MM Action II wheels

Default Re: leaking into heater motor

Quote Originally Posted by tntss
    You need to have a cabin filter. IF you do not have that, then get one and install it. If that does not solve the problem, the repost and we will go from there.
    What are you talking about? Our generation of the GP were not equipped with a cabin filter or any kind. And that isn't even his problem...

I didn't even touch this thread because honestly I don't know what it is that's his problem.
    2004 SRT-4... black.

4. Default Re: leaking into heater motor

What are you talking about? Our generation of the GP were not equipped with a cabin filter or any kind. And that isn't even his problem...

Do your research GTP, Sometimes that will help.

In our car GM made the a spot for a Cabin Filter but didnt put one in.

check here it might help your leaking problem

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1
    2000 Grand Prix GTP<br />

That's interesting... I have nothing but a solid, pleated plate in place of where you guys have a hole. I've also checked for another customer with a 2001 GT and his looked identical, whereas in those pics you can see the blower motor. I've done plenty of my own research, thanks.

May I ask anybody who remember to look, what the first digit of your VIN is?
    2004 SRT-4... black.

6. Default Re: leaking into heater motor

I have a cabin Filter
    2000 Grand Prix GTP<br />

i guess ill take my vin # down to pontiac and see if it is missing or something
    i bet it will probably be something they changed mid run
    got to wait for a friends shop to have space in it before i can tear it apart again and let it all dry out

ya umm so when i tore the cowl peice off again it was really silly
    the rubber seal that sits under it was actually off and sitting underneath in such a way that it looked like it was supposed to be there
    whats even sadder is i know exactly how it came off
    so for the rest of you grand prix owners dont wash in that area to close to get leaves or ice out of there cuz it will push the rubber seal right off

thaks for the link there btw helped alot and showed me exactly what i was lookng for