Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pulley upgrade

1. Default pulley upgrade

Ok,1st off i am new to the site..and i could not find any forum dealing with my car(2000 bonneville ssei),so i came here.My question is how small can i go on a pulley upgrade without doing any pcm changes and without any detonation issues.i just bought this car and would just like some added grunt to it(pulley exhaust,intake)
    ~WE BOTH GOT STRIPES N DA STREET~

Default Re: pulley upgrade

i jusmped mine down from the stock 4.5 inch D pulley to a 3.5 inch D pulley and havent had any problems
    only time i get detonation is if it hasnt warmed up enough
    be real careful what you do for cold air intake you dont want to let in to much dirt to the fins in the supercharger
    Ford---at least they circle the problem

3. Default Re: pulley upgrade

You'll want to modify the intake to get the air to the motor that the blower will be pulling in - plus you'll be shocked to how loud it will whine after. I dropped to a 3.5" at first but wouldn't go below that without supporting mods.

4. Default Re: pulley upgrade

so taking it down to the 3.5 will be reliable thru all seasons(without pcm mods)?i really dont want to spend much because i am saving up for a monte carlo ss.but if i have to i will.it would be nice if i could raise hp by about 30 or so..i am not completely ruling out me scratching a pcm...i guess it depends on how big of an improvement i see..lol my monte will not be ready in time so i want to have something to take to hotrod power tour when it comes to little rock
    ~WE BOTH GOT STRIPES N DA STREET~

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEGTP
    You'll want to modify the intake to get the air to the motor that the blower will be pulling in - plus you'll be shocked to how loud it will whine after. I dropped to a 3.5" at first but wouldn't go below that without supporting mods.
    This is pretty much all you need to know. Your generation of Eaton M90 comes with a 3.8" pulley stock, and you can run a 3.4" pulley with no supporting mods, although it would be recommended. Get some exhaust, remove that stupid U-Bend where the O2 bung is, intake and that pulley and you should get your 30hp, although not to the wheels.

Have fun! And say goodbye to your tires.
    2004 SRT-4... black.

6. Default Re: pulley upgrade

YEah I would agree with the say good by to the tires. My last pair lasted me 1.5 years form new to threads.
    99 GTP, CAI, 72mm TB, P&P M90 blower, Intercooled, P&P LIM, 3.0" pulley, 1.8 RR's, P&P manis, 42# injectors Magnaflow 3" exhaust, Overkill PCM, Powerslot brake upgrade w/ Hawk pads, BMR suspension upgrade, Eibachs, KYB struts, 18" MM Action II wheels

7. Default Re: pulley upgrade

I could program it for you... it takes like 10 minutes

Just paypal DHP $50 and show me the reciept.

I didn't do any damage until I started running a 3.0"
    I feel that the 3.4", a CAI, u-bend delete and a tune are a really good, year-round package.

I'll be installing a 2.6" this summer
    But that's a ton of supporting mods...

8. Default Re: pulley upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEGTP
    x2
    might want to get the U-bend removed also, should be around $50 tops to get a shop to do it
    2000 Grand Prix GTP<br />

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Old Guy
    I could program it for you... it takes like 10 minutes

Just paypal DHP $50 and show me the reciept.

I didn't do any damage until I started running a 3.0"
    I feel that the 3.4", a CAI, u-bend delete and a tune are a really good, year-round package.

I'll be installing a 2.6" this summer
    But that's a ton of supporting mods...

Wow, now that's gonna be some boost through the old M90 huh? Mind me asking what kind of base you're going to be running that boost with? My car's racing time is done, I'd like it to last now, but I still love to see what you guys are doing.

And I had no problem breaking my tranny with a 3.25" pulley.. although there are a lot more mods and burnouts to attest to the damage I did.
    2004 SRT-4... black.

10. Default Re: pulley upgrade

Ported, polished, valves, forged pistons,ported m90 & manfold, rods, balance shaft-delete + custom balance, cam, headers, 50# inj, walbro 255, h.s. 1.7 adj. rockers, 110# springs, comp rods, big headers, custom 3", input shaft, n*, 9:1 comp, shift kit, custom tune, CAI, zzp mps, full studs, ... and a bunch of stuff i'm forgetting...

For this summer: intercooler, 2.6", bigger valves, zzp's new billet tb, nos?, and a tranny w/gears and a tc

Burnt some valves last summer, push rods were a touch too long