Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pulley upgrade

1. Default Re: pulley upgrade

Oh yah, if the wife can be tricked into it, zzp is just coming out with their own aluminum heads!
    Total combo should be good for close to a 600hp (without nitrous) daily driver that should still see 20+ mpg off the boost.

Default Re: pulley upgrade

That's awesome.. that combo will build a strong car I think. What kind of gearing are you looking at? 3.69's? With that kind of power and struggling to put it to the ground I'd look at the Quaife diff, just to be safe.
    2004 SRT-4... black.

are they really gonna get them heads out soon
    i had to stop looking at their page cuz all it said was coming soon
    Ford---at least they circle the problem

4. Default Re: pulley upgrade

The last reply i got from zoomer was that they'll be released in April.
    I got the impression that the fully ported packages will be later...

5. Default Re: pulley upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by GTP
    That's awesome.. that combo will build a strong car I think. What kind of gearing are you looking at? 3.69's? With that kind of power and struggling to put it to the ground I'd look at the Quaife diff, just to be safe.
    If the combo really is good for 500 at the wheels, then the 3.69's will be too much for the street (I feel)
    But at my current ~390 at the wheel, the 3.69's are my current pick.
    I was looking at the 15/16th's chain from WBS.

I read that ZZP had to drop down to the 3.29's on their 9.0 second turbo rig.

I looked at the quife last year, but i think the 3rd gen Intense setup looks really good. (esp. for 1/3 the price)

Yeah, that news doesn't surprise me at all. I would probably opt for the 3.29's or even the stock 2.93's with a turbo setup. I'm still thinking about it.. I could squeeze a shitload of power out of my current setup by going turbo. So reliable too... much easier on the transmission.

Didn't realize Intense offered that upgrade... good price I think! Let's just hope it stands up to the abuse.
    2004 SRT-4... black.

7. Default Re: pulley upgrade

Intense limited slip = buying new transmission in 6 months.

Seriously I would stay as far away from it as possible.

They don't even run one in their own race cars.

ZZP runs stock open diffs on their 9 second cars.

If you want a limited slip buy a quaife or a GM performance, but do not buy an intense.
    3800 V6, Precision billet 6262 turbo and PT-1001 Intercooler
    10.007@135.54 with 1.468 60'

8. Default Re: pulley upgrade

What have you experienced with the intense diff?