Thread: Intercooler pressure cap

Default Intercooler pressure cap

Phoned Mcdonald chevrolet where they first told me GM did not make a 4.3 turbo charged engine. After I explained I had one in my yard..... Maybe American Then, no we have no listing of a 1992 GMC jimmy Typhoon in our computor... Sorry! Where can I get the cap above? Where does everyone shop here in alberta ? Thanks.....Paul
    Home of a Typhoon,  Pretty Quick Astre(Vega),  looked after by a very Fast 60 footer.."Belgium Malinois".

Default Re: Intercooler pressure cap

Try 91 Chevy S10 Syclone

I mentioned there is also a Syclone(truck ,like an S10) but no luck. They said if they don't have it no other Canadian dealer will. Acted like I had "questioned their knowledge" on GM engines/vehicles. Still, I'm trying to learn the "patience" part of these vehicles..Thanks, I'll try another dealer....Paul30
    Home of a Typhoon,  Pretty Quick Astre(Vega),  looked after by a very Fast 60 footer.."Belgium Malinois".

You won't find a new one based on a Syclone/Typhoon application. (discontinued) You best shot is to take it and match it up. It will match up to an import of some sort.

Why do you need a new one?
    89 Mustang Coupe
    SBF - single plate nitrous system
    26x8.5's (1/8 mile) 5.16 @ 139 mph

Mark, there is a bit of an Anti-freeze leak, coming out from under the cap area. Let me know if the Tranny needs any parts like a billet shaft etc...Thanks.....Paul30

6. Default Re: Intercooler pressure cap

Give them the VIN just for fun and see what they come up with.
    A massive 3.9L V6 Stroker

Default Intercooler pressure cap

I am planning to get a normal or non-recovery type cap when the shops open after christmas. Is 7Lbs the right pressure though?