Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks again Neil

Default Thanks again Neil

I just wanted to let you guys know that Neil is top notch. I had some business meetings in Edmonton yesterday so I decided to drive the Cobra up. I called Neil when getting into town and asked if I could make a couple pulls on the dyno to see where the power was at compared to Houston. He said he was busy but would make it happen. I drove to his shop after my meeting car was heat soaked etc...

He pulled it right on the dyno and with straight pump gas little to no cool down it pulled 637RWHP and 578RWTQ and it was hot yesterday. Neil will have to chime in with the graph and/or if it was SAE etc...

2. Default Re: Thanks again Niel

It was SAE, I will have to get the graph loaded up, Thanks for the kind words travis.
    Grudge races gladly accepted

Best Et: 8.47@164.5 on 275 drag radials(CD1)

Best ET:7.54@191.5 on 315 drag radials (CD2)
    So far on 275s (3460lbs)4.76@152 (72mm turbos)

Default Re: Thanks again Niel

Quote Originally Posted by 93lxt
    I just wanted to let you guys know that Niel is top notch. I had some business meetings in Edmonton yesterday so I decided to drive the Cobra up. I called Niel when getting into town and asked if I could make a couple pulls on the dyno to see where the power was at compared to Houston. He said he was busy but would make it happen. I drove to his shop after my meeting car was heat soaked etc...

He pulled it right on the dyno and with straight pump gas little to no cool down it pulled 637RWHP and 578RWTQ and it was hot yesterday. Niel will have to chime in with the graph and/or if it was SAE etc...

Holy crap that's a ton of power!!! Nice!!!
    2006 Mustang GT Redfire | Saleen Series VI Supacharga | SLOSTNG
    2007 BMW X3 3.0si Titanium | M, Sport & Comfort Package | DD | SLOBMR

Yep Neil and the guys at HPS are top notch. Neil has stuck around for me on a few occasions. Makes it really easy for somebody that lives out of town to get work done and issues resolved.

And VERY nice numbers!

2004 turbo Cobra - 10.98 @ 127 on the baby Whipple
    1985 Capri RS - FPS built 363, TC78, TKO 600 - One day it will go down the track...... one day...

Neil and Marcello dyno'd my stang and I was happy with the results Now just to get a few more parts and it will be custome tune time...

2006 Mustang GT Redfire | Saleen Series VI Supacharga | SLOSTNG
    2007 BMW X3 3.0si Titanium | M, Sport & Comfort Package | DD | SLOBMR

Quote Originally Posted by HorsepowerSolutions
    It was SAE, I will have to get the graph loaded up, Thanks for the kind words travis.
    Did you end up meeting up with any cars last night ? Sorry about not making it out LOL I put myself in a burrito coma at the hotel.

7. Default Re: Thanks again Niel

Did you end up meeting up with any cars last night ? Sorry about not making it out LOL I put myself in a burrito coma at the hotel.
    We went and had some fun, Like always lol. My car is like driving on ICE on the street though even on 9-10 psi its a handfull, I cant wait to get the new converter and start tuning the suspension.

Default Re: Thanks again Neil

I just wanted to let you guys know that Neil is top notch. I had some business meetings in Edmonton yesterday so I decided to drive the Cobra up. I called Neil when getting into town and asked if I could make a couple pulls on the dyno to see where the power was at compared to Houston. He said he was busy but would make it happen. I drove to his shop after my meeting car was heat soaked etc...

He pulled it right on the dyno and with straight pump gas little to no cool down it pulled 637RWHP and 578RWTQ and it was hot yesterday. Neil will have to chime in with the graph and/or if it was SAE etc...

What kind of power did the car make in houston? That is a shit ton of power.
    Officer, I can't shut the car off right now. I need to turbo time this shit, it's probably fuckin' glowing.

Quote Originally Posted by HorsepowerSolutions
    We went and had some fun, Like always lol. My car is like driving on ICE on the street though even on 9-10 psi its a handfull, I cant wait to get the new converter and start tuning the suspension.
    Thanks for the fun on the streets last night.

I thought about it later and I should have stuck some 86's in the 950 and made a pull for shits.
    I would rather fail by my own hand then succeed under someone elses.

10. Default Re: Thanks again Neil

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAMC
    Thanks for the fun on the streets last night.

I thought about it later and I should have stuck some 86's in the 950 and made a pull for shits.
    No worries man, I would like to have another go one day when I drop tire pressure and loosen up the shocks.