Thread: New Site Maintenace - ALL USERS MUST READ

1. Default New Site Maintenace - ALL USERS MUST READ

On the evening of Friday July 2nd Performance-Shop.com will be undergoing major site maintenance which includes upgrading forum software. There are some incompatibilities between the two versions of software so all users need to take note of the following:

1. ALL PASSWORDS WILL BE LOST.
    This means you must make sure the e-mail address on your account is correct and usable. You will have to use it to run the password recovery.

2. ALL ATTACHMENTS MADE BEFORE JUNE 2010 WILL BE LOST.
    This means that if you have attachments you want to keep, you must download them now and then re-attach them after the switch.

3. ALL AVATARS WILL BE LOST.
    • If you have an avatar which is linked off-site, write down the link. You will have to re-enter it.
    • If you have an uploaded avatar, copy it to your computer. You will have to re-upload it.
    • If you are using an on-site avatar, copy it to your computer. You will have to re-upload it.

4. SOME PRIVATE MESSAGES WILL BE LOST
    This is a weird one. A very small number of private messages, mostly from a -long- time ago, repeatedly fail to convert. If you have private messages which are important, screen capture them.

Obviously the forum will be down during this time, and it will most likely be a number of hours. I wouldn't expect full service until mid-day Saturday as tweaks will be made as necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, you've got almost two weeks to bring them up here.

- Mibz

2. Default Re: New Site Maintenace - ALL USERS MUST READ

Just a reminder that you have 1 week to update your e-mail address, copy down your avatar and save any attachments and PMs that you want to keep.

3. Default Re: New Site Maintenace - ALL USERS MUST READ

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Ram Scam
    will this update include the ability to post video windows within the thread not just links? BradT can do it but I think all admins can, will this be extended to the rest of us?
    Yes, you'll all be able to embed YouTube videos. I'm not sure about Google, Vimeo, etc. at the moment. Depends which implementation we decide on.

4. Default Re: New Site Maintenace - ALL USERS MUST READ

will this update include the ability to post video windows within the thread not just links? BradT can do it but I think all admins can, will this be extended to the rest of us?
    Anyone can add imbed youtube vids, just click the flash icon and add the flash url. Simple.
    Brad S Taylor
    RE/MAX Realty Professionals
    Email: bradtaylor@realtybybrad.com
    Mobile: 403.703.1508
    Office: 403.259.4141

5. Default Re: New Site Maintenace - ALL USERS MUST READ

ya I have tried and so have others it just white screens where the vid should be............I think you guys might have for admins only some other forums are like that, there might be an option to change it someplace in your admin settings.

I said the the flash url, not the entire imbedded link.
    Brad S Taylor
    RE/MAX Realty Professionals
    Email: bradtaylor@realtybybrad.com
    Mobile: 403.703.1508
    Office: 403.259.4141

6. Default Re: New Site Maintenace - ALL USERS MUST READ

Two days to get your shit in order.

7. Default Re: New Site Maintenace - ALL USERS MUST READ

Alright, gonna shoot for 8pm tonight.

8. Default

Looks like it's working again. I'll be damned.

9. Default

There are way too many fucking smilies on this forum.

10. Default

Way. Too many. Smilies.