Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened Reboot

Default What Happened Reboot

Since a Mod thought discussion on the downfall of the board was off topic...
    But that's just it. From what I've heard from the mods so far, is that they have no direction or rules for the site. So the mods are just making it up as they go along. Which would be fine if they said "Ok xxxxx we aren't going to tolerate yyyyyyy activity anymore or you're gone for 2 weeks." If such was a new rule. A lot of boards do allow photo-shopping of pics. You put them up, you live with it being public domain.

Brad isn't the type to get butthurt about shit on the net. So this was either somebody whining or the mods just going, "ok, I don't like this."

Tags are fine if used constructively. Makes search's easier. But so far it seems to just give power to stalkers with nothing better to do with their time.
    Correct you are sir, I searched for a set of forum rules that apparently don't exist. Would the mods like to clarify their position on what guidelines they would like implemented on the board or at the very least point us towards the code of conduct on the board?
    "If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it" - Einstein
    "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." - Gerald Massey
    "What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace" - John Wesley
    "Additionally, I think using a .63 on a 35r turbine section is like fucking with just the tip of your dick." - Brian Wilson, The Tex

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine B. View Post
    Since a Mod thought discussion on the downfall of the board was off topic...

Correct you are sir, I searched for a set of forum rules that apparently don't exist. Would the mods like to clarify their position on what guidelines they would like implemented on the board or at the very least point us towards the code of conduct on the board?
    How about you and others just use some common sense?

Ever thought of that? How about discussing things like adults?

How about you all pretend that you are in a professional environment and that all discussion should be responded to in a professional manner?

How about responding to the topic and not the person posting the topic?
    Brad S Taylor
    RE/MAX Realty Professionals
    Email: bradtaylor@realtybybrad.com
    Mobile: 403.703.1508
    Office: 403.259.4141

Quote Originally Posted by bradt View Post
    How about you and others just use some common sense?
    I do, have you seen otherwise? Every board has a set of rules to adhere to except for this one. If you are going to ban people for breaking rules, they need to exist first.

Ever thought of that? How about discussing things like adults?

How about you all pretend that you are in a professional environment and that all discussion should be responded to in a professional manner?

How about responding to the topic and not the person posting the topic?
    Again, don't get mad because your dumb ass never thought to post up rules and the moderators have admitted they have no direction from the new owners.
    How about addressing the issue instead of bitching about it?
    "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." - Gerald Massey
    "Additionally, I think using a .63 on a 35r turbine section is like fucking with just the tip of your dick." - Brian Wilson, The Tex

4. Default

I'm just a user, I have no authority to make any rules or guidelines, but I do have common sense.

I think that's all I need.
    Brad S Taylor
    RE/MAX Realty Professionals
    Email: bradtaylor@realtybybrad.com
    Mobile: 403.703.1508
    Office: 403.259.4141

I do, have you seen otherwise?

Again, don't get mad because your dumb ass never thought to post up rules and the moderators have admitted they have no direction from the new owners.
    How about addressing the issue instead of bitching about it?
    HAHAHA, Calling someone a dumbass.... real professional.

Keep it classy LOL

2004 turbo Cobra - 10.98 @ 127 on the baby Whipple
    1985 Capri RS - FPS built 363, TC78, TKO 600 - One day it will go down the track...... one day...

I think the owners have to make the rules. If there are no rules then this what you get.

Brad, you have been around long enough to know that people will not act like normal people on the web s they do in real life. Have no rules, and let the mayhem begin.

Would I do things different if was my site? Sure, I bet every one on here would do it different.

With all due respect to Brad. You had two sets of rules on this site when it belonged to you. A set for the people that agreed with you. And a set for the people that didn't.

You and I see the world very differently. However it was never your conservative veiwpoint that ticked me off, it was the your hypocrisy.

You often stated conduct you objected to, but you never had an even hand in applying your justice.

It is the internet, and it was your page to do with as you wanted. If you would have simply stated, my page my variable rules, I think anyone could have accepted that.

I have found this site to contain more catcalling, derision and disparagement than most.

Don you seem to think you can make up your own rule as you go along too....

Example: You are banned for two weeks yet you take it upon yourself to make a new account and circumvent one of the mods decision to ban you. Isn't that exactly what you are trying to say about brad? You act all high and mighty around here that people should follow the rules and respect each other, then you directly go against what you preach and disobey those rules as you see fit when it suits you. If I was the mod on this site that banned you I would take that as disrespect and have you permanently removed but lucky for you I am not a mod.

Don Don, maybe it's time for you to make a lifestyle change that involves you not being so dependent on this site for social interaction. When you get banned X amount of times and say you going to leave and keep coming back X amount of times. Then it looks like it might be an unhealthy addiction to this site. Which could turn out very badly for you if the owner ever decided enough is enough and pulled the plug on this place.

Have a Super day Donny Don

2004 turbo Cobra - 10.98 @ 127 on the baby Whipple
    1985 Capri RS - FPS built 363, TC78, TKO 600 - One day it will go down the track...... one day...

Quote Originally Posted by younggun View Post
    Don you seem to think you can make up your own rule as you go along too....

Example: You are banned for two weeks yet you take it upon yourself to make a new account and circumvent one of the mods decision to ban you. Isn't that exactly what you are trying to say about brad? You act all high and mighty around here that people should follow the rules and respect each other, then you directly go against what you preach and disobey those rules as you see fit when it suits you. If I was the mod on this site that banned you I would take that as disrespect and have you permanently removed but lucky for you I am not a mod.

Don Don, maybe it's time for you to make a lifestyle change that involves you not being so dependent on this site for social interaction. When you get banned X amount of times and say you going to leave and keep coming back X amount of times. Then it looks like it might be an unhealthy addiction to this site. Which could turn out very badly for you if the owner ever decided enough is enough and pulled the plug on this place.

Have a Super day Donny Don
    There is no rule against having multiple user names. Thats the whole point. Post some rules and enforce them. How can you be in violation of something that doesn't exist. I would like to hear Gripenfelter's reasoning behind the "vacation" and where he found this hidden ruleset, I still can't find it.

There is no rule against having multiple user names. Thats the whole point. Post some rules and enforce them. How can you be in violation of something that doesn't exist. I would like to hear Gripenfelter's reasoning behind the "vacation" and where he found this hidden ruleset, I still can't find it.
    Younggun doesn't care whether I am in conflict of the rules or not. He just wants to criticise me, and then express some sort of false pity.

If anyone could point out a political site in Alberta that gets any sort of traffic, I would be happy to go there. But since there are so many important issues in Alberta, and some people here seem to be interested in them, I am drawn back from time to time.

I appreciate, that some people don't care about politics. I think that our politicians shouldn't be given free reign for they will screw us all.