Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 32valve 4.6 88mm Turbo 89 notchback build

1. Default 32valve 4.6 88mm Turbo 89 notchback build

After buying Neil's old 89 notch of him just over 1 year ago. I have had the complete car redone. Front to back, top to bottom. Engine bay has been smoothed. Brand new factory front fenders. All new mouldings, weatherstripping and door belt mouldings. Going with a Ryan Bell built Teksid 32v mod motor powered by a Garrett GT55/88 turbo with A/W cooling. MSD LS1 coils, Sullivan ported upper/lower intake. Stand alone EFI system, Weldon fuel and 160lb injectors. Transmission will be a th400 with an 3500-4000 stall converter. Fully built 8.8 with Strange axles,spool, Strange race brakes all around and Strange shocks/struts. AMS1000 controller. Wels Prostar 15x10's and 15x4's with M/T slicks 28x10.5x15 and skinnies up front.
    The car is at HPS right now. And am really excited to see it come together.
    The car will be painted an 08' Shelby Vapor Silver. Should look awesome by the end of April.

Default Notch

Listen you can not just come on here and throw things out like that and not one picture.

I have a problem I see Mustangs and I think "Hello there".

Sounds like it should turn out pretty sweet.
    Current Car: 2008 Corvette Z06 | Intake & catback | Best ET = 11.56 at 124.7mph |
    Previous Car:2002 Corvette Z06 | Longtube headers, X-Pipe, cam, CAI, lowered | RWHP= 403, 383rwtq | Best ET = 12.10 | Best Mph = 116.5mph | Fuel Economy = 7.3L/100km 32.0 imperial mpg highway average

4. Default

I do have soome pictures. But I'm too stupid to be able to post them.
    I'm hoping it turns out to be a monster.

Is the cage up to spec for what that monster is capable of? I personally don't care but the track might...
    Car built to any "specs" or "class" in particular?
    "If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it" - Einstein
    "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." - Gerald Massey
    "What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace" - John Wesley
    "Additionally, I think using a .63 on a 35r turbine section is like fucking with just the tip of your dick." - Brian Wilson, The Tex

6. Default

Cage will be to 8.50 specs.

7. Default

We are glad to be handling the project for mike and can not wait to see what this thing is capable of come spring.

Blaine the car will be certified for 8.50's with all required safety equipment.

Pictures coming soon!
    Grudge races gladly accepted

Best Et: 8.47@164.5 on 275 drag radials(CD1)

Best ET:7.54@191.5 on 315 drag radials (CD2)
    So far on 275s (3460lbs)4.76@152 (72mm turbos)

8. Default

How the hell do you put pictures on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
    How the hell do you put pictures on here?
    Have you got them up on the internet somewhere already or are they on the hard drive of the computer or are they still on the camera?
    "If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it" - Einstein
    "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." - Gerald Massey
    "What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace" - John Wesley
    "Additionally, I think using a .63 on a 35r turbine section is like fucking with just the tip of your dick." - Brian Wilson, The Tex

10. Default

Grudge races gladly accepted

Best Et: 8.47@164.5 on 275 drag radials(CD1)

Best ET:7.54@191.5 on 315 drag radials (CD2)
    So far on 275s (3460lbs)4.76@152 (72mm turbos)