Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Performance-shop needs your help, cleaning/condensing forums

1. Default Performance-shop needs your help, cleaning/condensing forums

To help bring this site life again, we have decided to condense the forums, but before we do it, we would like your feedback as to what sections are most important to you, and what sections are least important.

I know we won't be able to make everyone happy, but for the most part lets see if we can come to a general agreement for most topics.

So please help us out.

Thanks.
    Brad S Taylor
    RE/MAX Realty Professionals
    Email: bradtaylor@realtybybrad.com
    Mobile: 403.703.1508
    Office: 403.259.4141

Well, the only sections i find any value in are- Classifieds, Tech, general discussion and upcoming events.

If i wanted to talk about politics or sports i can go to a political site or sports site.
    Ugly green Rambler
    Ugly blue Rambler
    best ET - 8.91 @ 159 and change

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mikestik View Post
    Well, the only sections i find any value in are- Classifieds, Tech, general discussion and upcoming events.

If i wanted to talk about politics or sports i can go to a political site or sports site.
    Keep it coming.

I'm gonna keep the Political section for sure.

But I'm thinking we can condense all the Tech sections.

We could also combine the Western Canada Section with the General Section, what do you guys think?
    Brad S Taylor

Tech sections are not tech any more, its bashing peoples combo or talking shit. HAS TO BE MODERATED BETTER! Have the tech section sponsored by someone and they can help moderate.

The size of the forum is not the issue, but shrinking it will help, as it will be easier to police.

Get the tech and automotive discussions back on track and the sponsors will come back...............I know one for sure.

Still need areas for people to bench race and bullshit, but keep it seperate and moderate it.

my 2 cents
    89 Mustang Coupe
    SBF - single plate nitrous system
    26x8.5's (1/8 mile) 5.16 @ 139 mph

Yeah, condense the east/west into the general area.

And they sy/ty gtp and the 2.3 and the other club haven't had a post in ages.

Other then that, it's fine. I still think their should be war stories that are hidden from the public, but the new owners are a bunch of pansies.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0Splash View Post
    But the hard part is finding someone who will pay me to sleep till noon, eat McDonalds, and slam my balls in 18 yr old sluts.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 0260IN3 View Post
    Tech sections are not tech any more, its bashing peoples combo or talking shit. HAS TO BE MODERATED BETTER! Have the tech section sponsored by someone and they can help moderate.

The size of the forum is not the issue, but shrinking it will help, as it will be easier to police.

Get the tech and automotive discussions back on track and the sponsors will come back...............I know one for sure.

Still need areas for people to bench race and bullshit, but keep it seperate and moderate it.

my 2 cents
    Go ahead and make it four cents with that statement. I find myself coming on every few days, reading four of five threads and leaving again.

Moderation is a necessity on this site, and it's constantly ignored.

7. Default

my 2 cents
    All the moderators have been informed to enforce the forum rules. This will be a place for adults to have adult conversations.

We may introduce a unmoderated section for people who enjoy arguing with each other on the internet. It will be clearly labeled, UNMODERATED, so user beware.
    Brad S Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by bradt View Post
    All the moderators have been informed to enforce the forum rules. This will be a place for adults to have adult conversations.

We may introduce a unmoderated section for people who enjoy arguing with each other on the internet. It will be clearly labeled, UNMODERATED, so user beware.
    good idea
    Ugly green Rambler
    Ugly blue Rambler
    best ET - 8.91 @ 159 and change

Quote Originally Posted by bradt View Post

Didn't there used to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0Splash View Post
    But the hard part is finding someone who will pay me to sleep till noon, eat McDonalds, and slam my balls in 18 yr old sluts.

my 2 cents

I'd be more of a regular if things were like this.

I came on here thinking that's how they were, because it was 'supposed' to be a mature crowd. It blew my mind how little moderation there was.