Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: renting out a house in SW Calgary

Default renting out a house in SW Calgary

just wondering what the market is like out there for renting out my house; its a 3 bedroom with detached garage. Is $1700-1800 a month reasonable these days? the garage is set up nice for doing what ever, moth of the house has been renovated. just want to grt a good idea as to what the rental market is like
    Factory Five AC Cobra Replica (FOR SALE)

No offence to you dude, because hey, that's the market place. But fuck me that's a lot of money per month. No way a house should be that much to rent.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0Splash View Post
    But the hard part is finding someone who will pay me to sleep till noon, eat McDonalds, and slam my balls in 18 yr old sluts.

Rented one out in Royal oak for $1900 a month. 1600 Sq ft walkout with finished basement and attached garage. there were people lining up to take it within 1 day of being on rentfaster.ca and kijiji.

Quote Originally Posted by neoned View Post
    No offence to you dude, because hey, that's the market place. But fuck me that's a lot of money per month. No way a house should be that much to rent.
    And what should a house rent for?

I pay 850 a month + all ute. 3 bed, double + det garage. Giant ass fenced yard, deck, hot-tub built in said deck (a small one albeit). House is mostly reno'd. Could use a new kitchen, but most other stuff is awesome. Could be a 4 bed if finished. Basement doesn't leak a drop of water.

I wasn't trying to cut on you for trying to rent out a house for what you can get. All the power to you bro. I'm just sad at the state of the world that living in a modest house is more then what many make in a month grossed.

And what are they paying for? Wood is the same value in the house I live in compared to yours. Dirt is dirt. My lawn is quite nice. I haven't mowed it in a few days, so it's getting a little long but that's not a big deal. My road in front of my house is plowed out the day it snows. I don't worry about getting mugged. I don't worry about my neighbor bitching me out to the cops for having a noisy car. Shit, I cracked of a pile of fireworks the last two Canada days. Good luck with that in Calgay. Seems like you have to pay for 90million in a highway widening for no particular reason and a stupid bridge to nowhere.

And if I got off my lazy ass and got my passport, it's a jog to the border for parts to avoid the deathly brokerage fees and customs shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0Splash View Post
    But the hard part is finding someone who will pay me to sleep till noon, eat McDonalds, and slam my balls in 18 yr old sluts.

What part of the SW?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksix View Post
    What part of the SW?

Im Woodbine

Should be ballpark if it's clean, good appliances, and heated garage.

heated detach 22X22 with 240V and lots of outlets, all new appliences, kitchen, floors.. etc, etc

I pay 1500 for a town house down in the SW a bit smaller than that with a detached double garage and a fairly big back yard, I would say that is pretty resonable
    1994 Ford Mustang GT-370rwhp-422 rwtq/2008 SRT8 Jeep
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigshirtlesspete