Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom header builder in AB ?

"custom" and "cheap" don't go together. This is the reason not many guys are in the custom fab business, shit takes time and guys don't want to pay for it. I understand it's a lot of $$$ to throw around, but if you can't afford it don't do it lol.
    Officer, I can't shut the car off right now. I need to turbo time this shit, it's probably fuckin' glowing.

Thanks guys for the info & contacts. After my engine is back in May (ish) I'll look into it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
    Thanks guys for the info & contacts. After my engine is back in May (ish) I'll look into it more.
    My experiance with guys that do this work is you need to talk to them now. Good ones are typically busy. You start looking in may and you will get a july/august appointment. Guessing you want to drive it this summer....

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    My experiance with guys that do this work is you need to talk to them now. Good ones are typically busy. You start looking in may and you will get a july/august appointment. Guessing you want to drive it this summer....
    Very good advise.
    2002 S10 Xtreme
    FPS Engines 408 88mm TH400 275 Radial
    8.39@163

I'm getting mine made up by http://www.stainlessheaders.com/index.aspx.

Watch their videos to see how they do it.

Given your application it might be worth while to get it done some place local.
    Project: Blue Steel (91 Thunderbird SC)

Big props to Steve (Stevo27) I dont think he's too busy and he does insane work. (You should see some of his pics)
    Last edited by Grambo; 03-15-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    DA WHIPS
    1938 Chevy half ton (hot rod project, LS2 & T56 next)
    1982 Honda XL500 restored, beautiful all original mint bike
    1995 Ford F250 with 1,370,000 km's on it.
    1999 Chevy S10 ext. cab stepside (other DD)
    2007 Triumph 675 sportbike
    2012 Buick Regal GS (DD)

Default Won't find better...

Quote Originally Posted by wade View Post
    Doug Syme
    I would never put his name out there publicly, but since someone has already...

These are for an E-body Mopar I'm finishing up an engine for.

There are no limits to mans' ingenuity, just as mans' ingenuity will never conquer the forces & behavior of this planet...Smokey Y.

Lots of good info & contacts. I want to thank all of you for your help !

While my B2 is away for it's build, I dropped a 302w block back in to test fit some rare no longer made & never used Headman swap headers. They are for 289/302w swaps. (going to build a second Pinto)
    I was not sure if they would work on a 71-73 body. They do, but tight.
    Next thing to do is maybe have another set made "just in case". Should be easy to do, using these as a template ?
    I will also have them ceramic coated inside and out.

I also test fit a set of front mounts. They can be seen in a couple of the pics.
    The frame motor mounts for my B2 are welded onto the frame. So looks tighter than it really is.
    Last edited by Reeves1; 04-20-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Been a long road....
    Pro Stock finally got my engine done. Wrong cam though. He got it from Comp Cams - it's known they have no idea how to grind a cam for a BOSS 302. I'll deal with that later....

It's now ready for Headers. Sent a message to the guy that I've stayed in touch with that is likely to build them. Busy guy. May get them done by May / June ?

You should see if you can buy a set through Jegs like I was lucky enough to do,cut them at about mid length and take out around an inch or what ever fits the best and weld them back up.
    Who are you planing to use for headers,you can pm if you want.

Tony
    "Huh" but why,my car looked a lot faster