Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Custom header builder in AB ?

A set like yours will not work for my car due to my motor mounts.
    I was surprised you found yours where you did. I had contacted them long before you did & they said they didn't have any.
    Maybe they didn't know the B2 and 351c has the same ports, except the 351 is a taller engine ?

Looking at Steve's build pictures...... thinking I should get him to do the work.....he has mad fabrication skills !

Yup same beam just a smaller combustion chamber,most of their sales people only know part numbers and don't know what could interchange.
    "Huh" but why,my car looked a lot faster

Anyone have contact info for Stevo27 ? Sent him a PM a while ago & he has not been here in a while.

Talked with Steve, but he is a very busy guy. Got the local guy I knew to build me a set.
    Big mistake.

Back two tubes on each side go through the inner fenders. Which is OK..... but he didn't allow room for the strut & control arms to move up & down.

As well as that, the front tubes had/have fitment issues.

I'm in the process of collecting parts for yet another build.
    I'm thinking it best to just have another set made...... ?

I may try my hand at fixing the back tubes myself ?

Broke my (old) heart...... lost another driving season due to this..........

5. Default

IS there a tube control arm that would give you the space you need?
    2002 S10 Xtreme
    FPS Engines 408 88mm TH400 275 Radial
    8.39@163

Hard to see in the third picture, but that tube is too close to the control arm top as well.

No after market tubular arms for the 71 - 73 cars.

74^ there are, as Mll stuff is the same.

I should have waited for Steve......

7. Default

Sorry to see it man do you have any recourse with the guy that built them to make them right?
    2002 S10 Xtreme
    FPS Engines 408 88mm TH400 275 Radial
    8.39@163

He couldn't do it right the first time, not letting him touch it again.

I'll likely try & re-build the last 4 tubes each side. I cannot screw them up any worse ? LOL !

#8 flange will not seal. Completely wrong angle & has to be re-built from the flange.

I have some flanges to send back to Summit & exchange for the right ones. After that I'll collect the J tubes & merged (?) collectors for a complete new build. I'll talk with Steve first, of course......

Biggest problem is, I work the patch (hoe operator). Been off since mid March. Supposed to go back early this week.....pushed back to this Sunday.
    What I get done on the car depends on work......... which is why I have been kicking the idea around of selling the B2 engine & just put a 302w in the car......and sell it as well (or the whole damned thing).

I have another 72 on the rotisserie right now & really want to get it done. More mild build.....
    Last edited by Reeves1; 08-19-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Worked the winter but still shy on cash.

Buying some J tubes this week & going to try & "fix" the rear 2 tubes on each side.