Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: L8on vs paul .... remember this one?

1. Default

Sounds like you know your peckers!
    11' Mustang GT
    84' SVO
    90' Mustang LX
    8.52@160

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Project X View Post
    Sounds like you know your peckers!
    Yup. Now imagine a car that trips the finish beams with its tires versus say a car with an air damn versus a car with a 14" pecker. Edmonton had the set up fucked up in one lane. Musta had the mph light lower than the end stripe or somethin (as i cant see getting the distance wrong). That lane gave consistant 3mph better on my 120 mph car.
    Last edited by Tomak; 01-18-2013 at 08:50 PM.

I still dont understand the length purpose. Why not just short and sweet under the front bumper? Are guys staging off of these or staging off the tires still?? If they are staging off the extender, the car starts further back and finishes further back.

clean and dirty jobs aren't opposites, they are two sides of the same coin - Mike Rowe

longer roll-out
    Ugly green Rambler
    Ugly blue Rambler
    best ET - 8.91 @ 159 and change

Quote Originally Posted by mikestik View Post
    longer roll-out
    so they are staging off the front tires still?

clean and dirty jobs aren't opposites, they are two sides of the same coin - Mike Rowe

stage off the front tires but its the front off the car that triggers the sensor at the big end

Quote Originally Posted by sbfalcon View Post
    stage off the front tires but its the front off the car that triggers the sensor at the big end
    lol SWEEET. There must be a length limit from center of front hub to tip of car?

i don't think that is the case. The timing lights are at the same height at both ends of the track.. if anything, most cars are front-end high at the far end. I'm pretty sure the advantage is all at the starting line- increased rollout.
    Ugly green Rambler
    Ugly blue Rambler

I guess tripping the finish line beams with the dink instead of the front tires could be another advantage IF you're fender racing...
    Ugly green Rambler
    Ugly blue Rambler

Quote Originally Posted by mikestik View Post
    i don't think that is the case. The timing lights are at the same height at both ends of the track.. if anything, most cars are front-end high at the far end. I'm pretty sure the advantage is all at the starting line- increased rollout.
    No their not if my memory serves me correct portatree calls for topend sensors to be set up to match a pull line at 6 inches off the ground vs the staging lights are set i think 2-3 inches from the ground hense the min of 3 inch ground clearence to allow the wheels to stage properly and not be effected by nose etc where as top end they are rasied to 6inches to be more percise and avoid the light being tripped crap blowing on the track and small animals .. Im pretty sure but its been awhile since i was that involved in it all
    blacky .. NOW with an old leaky "B cam" 9`s on 17`s , 08 gsxr- 10.35@ 142,
    62 ford falcon rb25 daily
    88 merkur xr4ti tow rig
    93 stang ......soft tune up 7.3X for now...
    Nitrous doesnt kill pistons people do