Thread: Can't beat AMA for a tow

Default Can't beat AMA for a tow

So I swung by the mustang shop this morning to pick up some parts for my 66 driving my 65. On Blackfoot right by the Brewery my clutch cable broke. So I call a few friends to see if they can bring a trailer to come get me, nothing is available or there's no truck to pull it. I called AMA and set up a membership for $78, 10 mins after the call a traffic control truck was at my location, and 10 mins later the tow truck showed up. It was towed to my house over 20 km away with no additional charge. While I was on the phone with AMA another tow truck stopped to offer help "$100 anywhere in the city". I have to say I was very impressed with AMA today, quick, efficient, cheaper than I was expecting. 2 trucks and tow for $78 and I have a year membership for more tows if required.

One can not change stupid, but at least you can stun it with a 2 x 4!!

I broke down at the us border once in an old iroc.

Towed me to Regina which was 250kms away for 100 bux with my membership.

Have used it like 7 other times too, Gold Member for life.
    -- 00 --

How did you get a membership for $78, don't they advertise $96 or something. I am a gold member with motorcycle and RV. They towed the Harley from Race City to my house and because it still needed to go to a shop to get fixed there was a second tow for no charge. They suck when it comes to changing a tire on a truck. Tiny little jack didn't work, and he couldn't get the spare from underneath. And he was too lazy to haul it to a tire shop. Other than that no complaints
    1979 Chevrolet Malibu 565 BBC
    1978 GMC Caballero 383 Stroker
    1982 GMC Caballaro (El Camino) 406 SBC 11.64 Med Hat (Retired)
    1985 Buick Grand National 14.00 Med Hat
    2012 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Cummins 14.64 Med Hat
    2000 FLHT 95 c.i. 13.68 Race City

Decent insurance company too. Not the cheapest, but any claims I have had have been handled decently.

Wouldnt be without an ama membership now.
    Last edited by calgarycobra; 05-19-2013 at 02:21 PM.

God damn f'ing clutch cable f'd up again, didn't break, the end came off the quadrant. So i called AMA again, 25km's, no charge but I gave him a tip. I'm a life time member now!

Cable is going in the trash, hydraulic clutch kit will be installed by the end of the week.
    Last edited by OldSkool; 06-17-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    One can not change stupid, but at least you can stun it with a 2 x 4!!