Thread: V8 Volvo

1. Default V8 Volvo

Mid-life crisis can be fun*
    Ford 5.0L in a Volvo 740 Tubo

350HP Ford 302 V8 powered Volvo 740 Turbo<br />

2. Default

nice car i have a 91 245 with a 302 in it where are you located

That was posted in 2004!!....and the poster's Last Activity: 06-24-2008 03:34 PM

That car is out of Calgary,still has it.....check out calgaryvolvoclub.com/gallery,under Ian G ...mine is the blue 245 wagon

5. Default

You guys. Are making me miss my 740 turbo intercooler. That car was a hootwith a 5 speed
    IF YOU CAN HEAR YOUR TIRES SQUEALING,YOUR EXHAUST ISN'T LOUD ENOUGH!**12.1@110.9**

6. Default

nice thanks frepea you got a v8?? should have a volvo meetup

No idea where you are,but here in Edmonton we meet last sunday of every month at Volvo of edmonton...free lunch too.
    Dont know how your car is setup,but if you are going to put "350hp" through it, you are definately going to need some suspension improvements...in no particular order here,but I'd start with poly bushings LCA's,and the WHOLE rear suspension,next would be better shocks/struts,and definately look at an LSD/trutrac...cause unless you tubbed the rear/modified rear quarters,your gonna be limited in tire size at the back.If your lowering...get adjustable torque rods/panhard (or make them) allows you to centre you Diff,and you should think about coilovers/camber plates in front....these are nose heavy cars,and they really chew up front tires if driven agressively... and , Yes,I am familiar with all of the above