View Poll Results: Should Alberta mandate snow tires?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 47.17%
  • No

26 49.06%
  • Undecided

2 3.77%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should snow tires be mandatory in Alberta?

Quote Originally Posted by kino View Post
    Nahh don't make them mandatory. I work in the collision repair business so accidents keep me employed. Its interesting to see the people with winter tires usually get rear ended and the people with no seasons on are usually the ones that come into the shop without a front end.
    Perfectly said
    I rock the mic like a vandall

Should they be mandatory? No! And they're generally not needed in the city. However they do make a huge difference, I put a set of studded Nokians on my truck for going sledding. Towing a trailer though Rogers pass and up logging roads can be a little sketchy without them. I was able go up a logging road with just the Nokians when other guys were chained up. I haven't touched my chains yet this year.
    Last edited by OldSkool; 01-16-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    One can not change stupid, but at least you can stun it with a 2 x 4!!

3. Default

Got a single axle body truck in the shop today. The GVW is below the limit where it needs an annual safety inspection. One of the drive tires looked like it was a slick. Both steer tires were worn out on the outside edges.

How can you force cars to have winter tires when they can't even force a medium duty truck because it's below the GVW limit to have good tires.
    www.hardtail.com
    No power adder HP