Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Kelowna's Fastest Street car shootout 2015

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bracketmaster10.ohhh View Post
    Big tire cars have no place in fastest streetcar shootouts. They are for bracket cars with square tube back halfs and ladder bars and open headers and 6000 stall converters with 300 horsepower.

    Didn't I read that your friend is building a big tire nova bracket car at that new chassis shop?
    Yes I am building a big tire nova but it is not a bracket car, just a mild street car to have fun and cruise around in.
    Tony @ AHR Performance

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juicedstang View Post
    Very few calgary cars are under a 28x12.50. Majority of the calgary guys are on big tires and tubbed for what its worth
    and never show up to a event with a car anyways so what does it matter?
    85 mustang gt , 92 vert the new family cruiser
    best et this far:9.21 147.5 mph ,castrol raceway, Treat each pass like the last!


    nothin but a knuckle draggin cave man! YES I SELL NITROUS!

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Down Mustang View Post
    and never show up to a event with a car anyways so what does it matter?
    Jay I am surprised I haven't seen you or mike G at this event yet. Mike has some family in town and both of you are usually a granteed for small tire events. Hoping to see you guys there this year?

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuda440 View Post
    Jay I am surprised I haven't seen you or mike G at this event yet. Mike has some family in town and both of you are usually a granteed for small tire events. Hoping to see you guys there this year?
    id more then love too, its just a long haul and hard to miss friday and monday when your the only one in charge,
    85 mustang gt , 92 vert the new family cruiser
    best et this far:9.21 147.5 mph ,castrol raceway, Treat each pass like the last!


    nothin but a knuckle draggin cave man! YES I SELL NITROUS!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lethbridge county
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Down Mustang View Post
    id more then love too, its just a long haul and hard to miss friday and monday when your the only one in charge,
    word. I love these types of events and at that altitude, bringin your own air in a bottle is advantage for those of us who do....

    It's tough to get Saturday off work, but a 10 hour tow? now we need Friday and even if I can get home Sunday night I'm a write-off for Monday....
    Ugly green Rambler
    Ugly blue Rambler
    best ET - 8.91 @ 159 and change

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lethbridge county
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Is there camping allowed in the pits? or, is Beaverdell the closest place (imagine sounds of banjos playing)
    Ugly green Rambler
    Ugly blue Rambler
    best ET - 8.91 @ 159 and change

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    south of Bragg Creek
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Down Mustang View Post
    id more then love too, its just a long haul and hard to miss friday and monday when your the only one in charge,
    But Kelowna is awesome over the summer and a perfect excuse for a mini vacation! Take an extra day for the family at the lake.

    And you need to delegate more...and tell your boss to stop being such a douchebag!

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikestik View Post
    word. I love these types of events and at that altitude, bringin your own air in a bottle is advantage for those of us who do....

    It's tough to get Saturday off work, but a 10 hour tow? now we need Friday and even if I can get home Sunday night I'm a write-off for Monday....
    Man are you guys complaining about the drive. I do it every year for multiple events including a one night stand in mexico where I got beat by a car that looked like a streak of poo coming past me...... and it had turbos......

    Anyways you guys can always find a million excuses but why not make it happen. You are more then welcome to come back to my place to shower change etc, Scott did it the year he came. Usually the pits get pretty fuzzy after dinner lol so the drive down at night is tough. From Kelowna to the track is about 30 mins.

    Anyways I am just trying to make an event better with people who would make it better. Also nice to see some great faces come my way.

    Speaking of hill billy bango the track is a blast..........

    Darryl came one year and left Friday afternoon I believe and went home sunday and got home at 12 and went to work the next day...

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuda440 View Post
    Man are you guys complaining about the drive. I do it every year for multiple events including a one night stand in mexico where I got beat by a car that looked like a streak of poo coming past me...... and it had turbos......

    Anyways you guys can always find a million excuses but why not make it happen. You are more then welcome to come back to my place to shower change etc, Scott did it the year he came. Usually the pits get pretty fuzzy after dinner lol so the drive down at night is tough. From Kelowna to the track is about 30 mins.

    Anyways I am just trying to make an event better with people who would make it better. Also nice to see some great faces come my way.

    Speaking of hill billy bango the track is a blast..........

    Darryl came one year and left Friday afternoon I believe and went home sunday and got home at 12 and went to work the next day...
    Not to mention the annual kegger at the Lazics..... Usually we end up turfing the keg in the pool by the end lol
    Grudge races gladly accepted

    Best Et: 8.47@164.5 on 275 drag radials(CD1)

    Best ET:7.54@191.5 on 315 drag radials (CD2)
    So far on 275s (3460lbs)4.76@152 (72mm turbos)


  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    But Kelowna is awesome over the summer and a perfect excuse for a mini vacation! Take an extra day for the family at the lake.

    And you need to delegate more...and tell your boss to stop being such a douchebag!
    lol you oviously have never been a owner/ operator,


    Let me talk with the wife maybe she will let me go if i pass out some fake chow!
    Last edited by Broken Down Mustang; 01-21-2015 at 04:31 PM.
    85 mustang gt , 92 vert the new family cruiser
    best et this far:9.21 147.5 mph ,castrol raceway, Treat each pass like the last!


    nothin but a knuckle draggin cave man! YES I SELL NITROUS!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •