View Poll Results: How have you been affected?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Company has done layoffs/cutbacks

7 29.17%
  • I know of others who have been laid off or have had cutbacks.

7 29.17%
  • No Layoffs or cutbacks at my company

10 41.67%
  • Haven't heard of any lay offs or cutbacks.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have been affected by this downturn in the O&G sector?

We still can't find labourers willing to work....paying $20/h to hire anyone with zero experience...but required to lift heavy things and work hard all day.

We do use the economy as an excuse to trim the fat, lots of dead weight that has needed to go but without issues from the union.

I've said it before, in Alberta we need "corrections" like this from time to time. Sadly most under 30 have no idea what it's like to actually work for their job.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bradt View Post
    Yeh I just posted another thread on Crude Oil prices, it took a major plunge and broke the bottom resistance, which is never a good sign.
    Time to start a war with Iran.... or Syria... or?

Worked well for Bush lol!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Uber88GT View Post
    Sadly most under 30 have no idea what it's like to actually work for their job.
    AIN'T THIS THE TRUTH!!!

So many "entitled" people in Alberta. "We deserve it cause Alberta" lol

4. Default

It's all about supply and demand. When there is a shortage, companies will pay more, bottom line.
    Brad S Taylor
    RE/MAX Realty Professionals
    Email: bradtaylor@realtybybrad.com
    Mobile: 403.703.1508
    Office: 403.259.4141

5. Default

I hope everyone craps the bed , maybe the I can finally buy property that isn't over valued 30%

I'm busy as hell with people's projects right now, booked till summer on big stuff, So people still have money to blow. Worst case I fix cars cheaper than any other LEGIT shop, so I'll be busy if the economy tanks anyways.
    Infamous Automotive
    Just making a old pile as fast as possible, Da Pinto 9.79@137
    Dirty shop truck 10.8's@126 4600lbs Sold!
    The "PO-MOD" Twin turbo LS Chevette.

If the economy tanks completely then I'm going into the F-350 repo business.

8. Default

The worst is yet to come IMO. It will be interesting to see how the market reacts after companies release their 2nd quarter results.
    Brad S Taylor
    RE/MAX Realty Professionals
    Email: bradtaylor@realtybybrad.com
    Mobile: 403.703.1508
    Office: 403.259.4141

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Dario View Post
    I'm busy as hell with people's projects right now, booked till summer on big stuff, So people still have money to blow. Worst case I fix cars cheaper than any other LEGIT shop, so I'll be busy if the economy tanks anyways.
    What other legit, licensed mechanic, shops are there in this city that do what you do? There's a couple home garage guys and acreage guys....

Serious question? Who else in Calgary does cages that actually pass certs? Turbo kits? EFi swaps? Diff set-up? And does Derek's extended family daily driver/fleet maintenance? haha

There's really no one left, is there? Serious question.....

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tomak View Post
    What other legit, licensed mechanic, shops are there in this city that do what you do? There's a couple home garage guys and acreage guys....

Serious question? Who else in Calgary does cages that actually pass certs? Turbo kits? EFi swaps? Diff set-up? And does Derek's extended family daily driver/fleet maintenance? haha

There's really no one left, is there? Serious question.....
    Ya I want an answer....well more like I want a cage...pm me haha

Its irritating to know that in about a month my shop will be inundated with resumes and people calling offering me the pleasure of their labour for a starting wage of "Oh I don't know, how about $50/hr to start because I am tired of working away from home". Thats a true quote from the last oilfield slowdown wannabe automotive tech that applied.
    I operate PitStop Parts & Performance in Rimbey...

2008 C63 AMG Sedan 12.7's Stock on Street 18's
    2004 Cobra Silver 2.3L Whipple, SRA Swap, 530RWHP. 11.7's SOLD
    2011 Mustang 5.0L GT Kona Blue 6spd 3.73's etc...11.7's@119mph 1.6 60'
    1988 Red LX 5.0L 100 shot 11.79@116mph - SOLD