Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome overlords !

1. Default Welcome overlords !

Welcome to our new Liberal overlords. May they smite our province to the point not a single gopher or field mouse can eek out a survival.......lol

This will be a risky time for Albertans. Our provincial government did not expect to win and was poorly prepared when they did. Our federal government can't find us on a map.
    I hope that they both appreciate the cash that we send their way enough to give us a fighting chance.

Fingers crossed
    1997 SS (V6 with 90 shot) 304 HP 379 TQ-Best ET 12.9-Best MPH 103mph
    1985 Sonoma (AFR headed 355) Best ET 13.6-Best MPH 101.79
    1991 Syclone #1907 (Stockish) Best ET 13.6-Best MPH 96
    1991 Syclone #0106 Sold
    1991 Syclone #0457 (LS swapped, single turbo, 8.5 caged) Build begins 2013
    1992 Typhoon #1020 BeaterTy.

3. Default

Ha ha, maybe if the NDP live up to their reputation, there will be no money to send to Ottawa.......

Between that and the current price of oil, maybe we'll be in line to get some of those juicy transfer payments for a change

5. Default

The NDP has been holding off on dropping the budget until the federal election was over, so I would expect we will find out the news in the next few days.

The provincial conservatives have destroyed this province. The federal conservatives have destroyed Canada's international reputation and restricted Canadian freedom.

Things will be a lot better for the People of Alberta now.

Albertans seem to define themselves by their work. But all that happened during a boom is that things got more expensive. No one really got ahead, they just got to pay more for stuff.

During the 90s. I worked about 1600 hrs a year. I traveled to every town in BC for work, and bought a house for $95,000. When the boom hit Alberta I worked about 2100 hrs a year. I spent most of my time in the shitty Syncrud camp and houses jumped to $380,000.

So I ask you, how did the boom make any persons life better? People made twice as much money and paid four times as much to provide for their family.

Happiness is found in community and family. So what our NDP government needs to do is improve family life. That means more parks, more community activities, and a more effective health care system.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddychop View Post
    The NDP has been holding off on dropping the budget until the federal election was over, so I would expect we will find out the news in the next few days.
    The new ndp budget will provide money for housing, roadways, and perhaps investment in refining our resources at home.

The Liberals are going to give the cities more money for infrastructure.

Where do you suppose the additional money will come from?
    Ugly green Rambler
    Ugly blue Rambler
    best ET - 8.91 @ 159 and change

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksix View Post
    Between that and the current price of oil, maybe we'll be in line to get some of those juicy transfer payments for a change
    Alberta gets tons of transfers. Always has. We got 5.4 Billion in federal tranfers in 2014 for example. Some argue, more than we should.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/on...irms-1.2681192

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mikestik View Post
    Where do you suppose the additional money will come from?
    Increased taxes for big corporations, increased taxes on individuals making over $200,000 federally, and $125k provincially. Hopefully closes some tax haven loop holes....and hopefully we go back to our old royalty schedule, or better.

Not bad, I see that median Alberta HOUSEHOLD income us about $100,000k, so the large majority will benefit.

Then he plans on running debt to pay for our failing infrastructure, so they can do that through record low interest through bonds and such.

Can't believe what a bruising Trudeau dished out..... lucky for Harper that Trudeau 'wasn't ready yet' hahahaha