Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Welcome overlords !

  1. Default

    I think the economy was hot because of high oil prices which stimulated investment in Alberta in all sectors, which can not be blamed on the conservatives. You are suggesting the provincial gov't should have intervened in someway to stop that?

    No one party represents what I believe. I also find the older I get the more mixed it is.

    I never put a label on you, just said people are free to support whatever ideals they want. Your the one that tends to label people if they don't just roll over and agree with you. I am just trying to understand where you are coming from but you don't always make sense to me or provide a complete set of facts or a complete argument. Then when you are questioned you tend to start to get philosophical and derail the conversation. JMHO.
    2013 sierra 2500hd
    1967 Chevy II

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numbersguy View Post
    Your the one that tends to label people if they don't just roll over and agree with you. I am just trying to understand where you are coming from but you don't always make sense to me or provide a complete set of facts or a complete argument. Then when you are questioned you tend to start to get philosophical and derail the conversation. JMHO.
    Nah, I am just a lot smarter than most people. I read and learn from the wisdom of our betters. Epicurususus, Tommy Aquinas, Playdoh, etcetera.

    The province can control economic investment by introducing a proper royalty rate. Not a rate which renders little revenue.

    I don't know if you work in the north, but the province permitted Chinese workers to take the place of Canadians. That is when the PC's completely lost any support I would give them.

    My issue with the conservative is not the ideology of conservatism. Rather that political parties serve the plutocrats. Government is the people and the people are not broadly represented when the top .1% have the majority of the governments attention.

    p.s. I think Lougheed was a fantastic leader.
    Last edited by VROY; 10-21-2015 at 02:31 PM.

  3. Default

    I hope you are kidding. It has been my experience when someone thinks they are the smartest person in a room, they are sadly mistaken. I don't disagree that raising the royalty rate would deter investment but if you understood how much work goes into implementing royalty changes on both sides it is something that can't be changed every month. So how do you determine what the appropriate rates are that will still invite investment and generate responsible growth? Company's risk a lot of capital to drill for resources and incur big expenses to keep it flowing, don't you think they are entitled to a certain return on their investment? And if so, what do you think they are entitled to for risking millions?

    Also, if the NDP only got 40% of the popular vote in Alberta how can you say they represent the people? That would indicate to me that over half the people that voted didn't want them. that would go for the federal liberals, how does 39% of the popular vote translate to a majority government?
    2013 sierra 2500hd
    1967 Chevy II

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VROY View Post
    Nah, I am just a lot smarter than most people. I read and learn from the wisdom of our betters. Epicurususus, Tommy Aquinas, Playdoh, etcetera
    Are you serious ? Only a total douche would say something like that. Any credibility you had....you just gave away.

    I have an idea.....go crawl back under your rock.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VROY View Post
    Nah, I am just a lot smarter than most people. I read and learn from the wisdom of our betters. Epicurususus, Tommy Aquinas, Playdoh, etcetera.

    The province can control economic investment by introducing a proper royalty rate. Not a rate which renders little revenue.

    I don't know if you work in the north, but the province permitted Chinese workers to take the place of Canadians. That is when the PC's completely lost any support I would give them.

    My issue with the conservative is not the ideology of conservatism. Rather that political parties serve the plutocrats. Government is the people and the people are not broadly represented when the top .1% have the majority of the governments attention.

    p.s. I think Lougheed was a fantastic leader.

    No shit. It shouldn't be rocket science. If you are gonna allow a boom, it better be self sustainable, and not a net burden and cost.

    Lol.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roddychop View Post
    Are you serious ? Only a total douche would say something like that. Any credibility you had....you just gave away.

    I have an idea.....go crawl back under your rock.
    Facts of life. Like someone taller than you, shorter than you, fatter than you, better at crochet..... no need to get defensive ;-)

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomak View Post
    Facts of life. Like someone taller than you, shorter than you, fatter than you, better at crochet..... no need to get defensive ;-)
    You don't even make sense. I'm sure there is a rock for you somewhere too.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roddychop View Post
    You don't even make sense. I'm sure there is a rock for you somewhere too.
    hahaha, oh ignore me. Im in a good mood. this election has, temporarily at least, restored my faith in humanity lol.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roddychop View Post
    Are you serious ? Only a total douche would say something like that. Any credibility you had....you just gave away.

    I have an idea.....go crawl back under your rock.
    Some people are so quick to use their anger. Sad that you couldn't see the humor in my post. Plato is not spelled Playdoh, nor is Epicurus or Aquinas spelled correctly.

    America has contaminated the Canadian way of thinking. People allow anger to seep into their opinions, thus allowing the powerful to divide the population.

    Alberta had a royalty review and I think it would be fair to implement it's recommendations.

    It doesn't matter what political party runs the province, if the people allow themselves to be divided, no ones life gets better.

    As a society we must first obey group loyalty, or else we become nothing.
    Last edited by VROY; 10-21-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •