Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about a Northern Alberta's Fastest Streetcar shootout event?

Default What about a Northern Alberta's Fastest Streetcar shootout event?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what ever happened to the Edmonton's fastest streetcar shootout event? I went one year and i thought it was awesome? Why did this die out? Was it due to Castrol's BS or was it a money loosing venture?

That said, i want to say how much i appreciate what all you guys (and gals) do to organize these events for us all. I know it is time consuming and stressful at times, I am sure many of us racers would love to have a few more events to go to throughout the year. I think many of us still prefer 1/4 mile action as opposed to 1/8 mile stuff.

What are everyone's thoughts? The Southern Alberta Streetcar shootout has done well over the years, and it would be great to have some more team North Vs South rivalry.

Adrian

They put on the No Prep Grudge fest and Kelowna's fastest street car shootout now. I'm sure it's alot of work and no matter how fair you try to make it people complain about classing etc. You could have a shootout with 100 classes with free entry and people would still be bitching. "That guy is running 17" drag radials!, I thought this was the Blue 6speed Mustang 20" drag radial class"
    Infamous Automotive
    Just making a old pile as fast as possible, Da Pinto 9.79@137
    Dirty shop truck 10.8's@126 4600lbs Sold!
    The "PO-MOD" Twin turbo LS Chevette.

Agreed. There are too many people who bitch and complain. That is why i really like the streetcar shootout. No real rules, just lisence and registration

All i am saying is that it would be nice to see some more events.

I never knew the Edmonton boys put on the Kelowna thing? Huh.

Adrian

Anyone can set it up if they want to put in the effort. From what I've organized with Castrol, they are a lot more expensive than the other western Canada tracks so that could be a big part of it.

i think you may be right...i would love to man the organizing, however i am rarely around thus i am afraid i would let people down if i attempted to organize anything.

6. Default

Yes we used to do it and basically gave up when the track didnt want to cooperate and treated us like we were an inconvenience. We put our efforts into kelowna and the no prep which have both been great and been very good to deal with.
    Grudge races gladly accepted

Best Et: 8.47@164.5 on 275 drag radials(CD1)

Best ET:7.54@191.5 on 315 drag radials (CD2)
    So far on 275s (3460lbs)4.76@152 (72mm turbos)

Just an FYI, here are the events that I know of at this time.

P2P-June 11@MHDRA
    WDRL July 1-3@Mission
    SMW July 8-10@Lethbridge
    SFSC July 15,16@Swift Current
    Cash Days? Aug 6@Ft Macleod (pending)
    NPGF Aug 13@Rimbey
    50th anniversary Aug 20@Saskatoon
    WDRL Sept 3-4 @ Castrol
    SAFSC Sept 10,11@MHDRA

Rumor has it the Lebarons want to do something at the Lethbridge airport some time

Kelowna Shootout as well

I just read that Gimli would like to do a no prep event as well.

If you can afford to get to all of these events that is awesome.

Definitely enough heads up racing that a guy does not have to bracket (race) anymore.
    Mr. 10.0

Raz,

Thanks for the list. I knew nothing about Saskatoon's 50th. Do they actually have a track or is it an airport? Is it a good track to race at? 1/4 mile or 1/8th?

I inquired about Swift current dates but did not get a response so it's good to get these dates. Are you certain these are them? If so i will mark in my calender.

Of all those events, it appears that only P2P, SAFCS, and SFSC are 1/4 mile events, the rest are 1/8 mile or bracket racing. Am i correct?

Adrian

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by raz sonoma View Post
    Just an FYI, here are the events that I know of at this time.

P2P-June 11@MHDRA
    WDRL July 1-3@Mission
    SMW July 8-10@Lethbridge
    SFSC July 15,16@Swift Current
    Cash Days? Aug 6@Ft Macleod (pending)
    NPGF Aug 13@Rimbey
    50th anniversary Aug 20@Saskatoon
    WDRL Sept 3-4 @ Castrol
    SAFSC Sept 10,11@MHDRA

Rumor has it the Lebarons want to do something at the Lethbridge airport some time

Kelowna Shootout as well

I just read that Gimli would like to do a no prep event as well.

If you can afford to get to all of these events that is awesome.

Definitely enough heads up racing that a guy does not have to bracket (race) anymore.
    Kelowna is tentatively booked for July 23/24 Brian at Performance Plus is working on having us come out to the 50th anniversary race in Stoon for a 275/28x10.5 class 1/4 mile.

Also here is the tentative dates for the WDRL and the outlaw 8.5/ extreme street classes:

May 8-9. Castrol Raceway.
    May 28-29. Medicine Hat Raceway.
    June 18-19. Central Alberta Raceways Rimbey.
    July 2-3. Mission Raceway. DoorWarz IV
    Aug 14. Central Alberta Raceway. Day after No Prep.
    Sept 3-4. Castrol Raceway. Pro Mod Shootout. Season Finals
    Grudge races gladly accepted

Best Et: 8.47@164.5 on 275 drag radials(CD1)

Best ET:7.54@191.5 on 315 drag radials (CD2)
    So far on 275s (3460lbs)4.76@152 (72mm turbos)

I have never personally been to the track in Saskatoon, but have heard it is an older surface with a few bumps.

I should have started a thread for western canada events. Sorry to derail.
    Mr. 10.0