Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What about a Northern Alberta's Fastest Streetcar shootout event?

Yup, old track and skinny. Full quarter, used to be NHRA, all the big guys of the 70's ran there. My stomping grounds. Ran my first 13 there, first season I had the black T-Type, amazed my friends...then I blew it up. Sound familiar, Karolko?

Quote Originally Posted by raz sonoma View Post
    I should have started a thread for western canada events. Sorry to derail.
    Yeah, WTF dammit??

But seriously, a thread with the known (evolving) 2016 race dates in Western Canada would be awesome.
    Last edited by never; 12-17-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Does anyone know if there is a factory class (little to no modifications) at any of these events? I'd like to race the Hellcat but if its sanctioned- I'm out. No way will I put a bar in my car :P

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a factory class (little to no modifications) at any of these events? I'd like to race the Hellcat but if its sanctioned- I'm out. No way will I put a bar in my car :P

I thought NHRA passed new rules for modern un modified cars, allowing them to run down to 10.0 or 135mph
    Mr. 10.0

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by raz sonoma View Post
    I thought NHRA passed new rules for modern un modified cars, allowing them to run down to 10.0 or 135mph
    Might want to check with Merkl as the rule fairly vague. As written it is up to track tech to determine "unmodified". Does an aftermarket air filter mean you need a rollbar? Tires? Etc.
    3800 V6, Precision billet 6262 turbo and PT-1001 Intercooler
    10.007@135.54 with 1.468 60'

Last of my understanding is as soon as its not show room stock the regular rules apply . aka k&n air filter and the rules apply but rules are only as good as they are enforced so depends on the track
    blacky .. NOW with an old leaky "B cam" 9`s on 17`s , 08 gsxr- 10.35@ 142,
    62 ford falcon rb25 daily
    88 merkur xr4ti tow rig
    93 stang ......soft tune up 7.3X for now...
    Nitrous doesnt kill pistons people do

Quote Originally Posted by merkmerc View Post
    Last of my understanding is as soon as its not show room stock the regular rules apply . aka k&n air filter and the rules apply but rules are only as good as they are enforced so depends on the track
    My experience with the V was that this was really variable...even at the same track from event to event.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Yah I heard there was gonna be a class just for red hell cats on drag radials with aftermarket driveshafts. :P
    1986 Z-28 Camaro Street car.
    400ci SBC, twin 67's, Holley EFI.

Best ET: 8.35 @ 170MPH (3650lbs) on a 275 drag radial.