Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDP has made some big mistakes.

Default NDP has made some big mistakes.

The NDP has made some huge mistakes. Which is quite sad as I was hoping for an effective government.

The Carbon Capture plan has fallen flat on it's face. The reality is that people like Gore and Decrapreo are still shitting on the Tarsands.

The NDP can only do good if they are in power, and with the comments by people like Gore, the NDP won't be in power long.

The PC completely screwed Alberta and the NDP was supposed to improve matters, but they have completely dropped the ball.

I guess it is the Wild Rose next.

And just how many broken promises are we gonna hear? Abolish the no right to recall for another vote? Hell no we will not see that from them in the next three years, they know they gonna be gone faster than you think.

It's one thing to fk with a rig pig, but they extremely gone over the deep end with bill 6 against the farmers.

NDP is the epitome of spit on everything Alberta has to stand for. I am a conservative and I understand why the anti conservative but all the sheep that voted orange really did fk up!

Too many children were swept into power in that wave.

But the PC really did screw Alberta and people knew it.

Alberta could have taken the slow and steady approach and provided every Albertan with a job for 40 years.

Instead they chose to super heat the economy, bring in workers from all over Canada, and create a form of super inflation in the housing market.

There was no way that all those who immigrated to Alberta would be able to find jobs if the economy took a shit.

The PC were not responsible for the Middle East. But they planned the economy on a quarter by quarter basis. Profits before all else in each quarter.

But governments are not supposed to do that, they are supposed to plan and smooth out the peak and valleys of the economy.

The NDP is making some serious mis-steps. You cannot cut CO2 emissions when it seems that the activists are going to fuck you over anyway.

The NDP should be building gas plants, nuclear power station, and water pipelines.

Personally I don't have a problem with high CO2 levels (500 - 600ppm). All the ignorant bastard in this world seem to live close to the equator and I am all for baking them to a crisp.

However if that starts happening, I would like to see Alberta take in endangered wildlife, before every mid equator savage eats them.

They have a Tough battle ahead of them that is for sure. I think the biggest mistake they are and have made is not communicating properly to the people what exactly it is they are doing. timelines have not been clearly laid out so people can understand how fast or slow things are going to change. due to the uncertainty of the economy right now people are scared as fuck. THEN the rebel media gets them twice as riled up by publishing nonfactual far right wing news articles. Ezra needs to take his libel sued ass and get out of western canada.

bill 6 from what i have read on the original and amended bill gave the small farmers everything that they wanted. but they are still screaming and hollering. Does Alberta actually have recall legislation? I think we dont
    Ford---at least they circle the problem

No we do not have recall legislation, if I am right I think we are the only province in confederation that doesn't. The NDP made it one of their campaign promises to bring in that legislation..... I highly doubt that will happen until possibly the last few months of this term!

i didnt know it was one of their promises. i dont know why we would want such a silly law anyway. like we really need to throw away a bunch more money on another election. it was bad enough the P.C's threw an election a yr early . but they already knew things were going to be right where they are now and they would have got voted out anyway
    Ford---at least they circle the problem

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Coleo View Post

bill 6 from what i have read on the original and amended bill gave the small farmers everything that they wanted. but they are still screaming and hollering. Does Alberta actually have recall legislation? I think we dont
    I am a farmer , and have made my living at it for the last 20 years. The NDP did not consult with us , they decided to pass bill 6 by a certain date come hell or high water. They keep saying they will work out the details later which I don't believe. This is what the NDP is....bigger govt. crawling up people's ass's.

I think the bigger joke is them wanting to phase out coal power. I just dealt with a 5 year process where a multi billion dollar power line was shoved through my property against my will. This power line which was approved by stelmach and Redford , originates at a 100 year supply of coal at Genessee. Altalink made a 9% profit on that line no matter what the cost. Guess what company ( altalink ) owned by Warren Buffett ( an American ) is now lining up to kiss Notley's ass so they get the grant to build new power lines coming from wind farms or Manitoba hydro . They will bankrupt this province just so they can feel good about being green , all while big corporations profit. It's a joke , people need to wake up.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Coleo View Post
    They have a Tough battle ahead of them that is for sure. I think the biggest mistake they are and have made is not communicating properly to the people what exactly it is they are doing. timelines have not been clearly laid out so people can understand how fast or slow things are going to change. due to the uncertainty of the economy right now people are scared as fuck. THEN the rebel media gets them twice as riled up by publishing nonfactual far right wing news articles. Ezra needs to take his libel sued ass and get out of western canada.

Bullshit , look at bill 10... rammed through the same way... not acceptable IMO and very dangerous.

http://parentchoice.ca/2016/01/key-p...est-practices/
    1986 Buick Regal T type
    2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2004 Kawasaki z1000

I think the P.C.s should consider themselves lucky that the lost the election. They grew an economy that relied on $100 a barrel oil.
    The people who came to Alberta, housing prices, rent, and everything else attached to high priced oil will now have to adjust to $30 a barrel oil.
    Now the Iranians are bringing their 500,000 barrels a day to market. Things are not going to turn around soon.
    imo Alberta should be preparing for years of drought.

What was so terrible about bill 6? Don't farm workers deserve insurance?

10. Default

No one had an issue with the WCB , it's a $300 premium on $10 grand of income, it is all OH&S rules we are worried about. There is not a very big profit margin in farming now. There is no way for me to pass on the added costs and headaches since I sell a raw commodity at market price , yet my input costs are largely beyond my control. If I want to work 16 hours a day 7 days a week at harvest that should be my business. I don't need some govt. inspector crawling up my ass demanding a log book.