Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Animal Bill of Rights

  1. #1

    Default Animal Bill of Rights

    Who here would be for an animal bill of rights?

    Currently animals get less protection from the law than does your car. Someone can kick your dog, but they can't damage your car.

    If you purposely kill someones pet, you go to jail for 5 years. If you torture a pet, you go to jail for ten. And so on.

    Thoughts?

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VROY View Post
    Who here would be for an animal bill of rights?

    Currently animals get less protection from the law than does your car. Someone can kick your dog, but they can't damage your car.

    If you purposely kill someones pet, you go to jail for 5 years. If you torture a pet, you go to jail for ten. And so on.

    Thoughts?
    Once we've mastered, respect, and enforce human rights for people around the world, we can think about the other sillyness. It will take a while, we aren't even close.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomak View Post
    Once we've mastered, respect, and enforce human rights for people around the world, we can think about the other sillyness. It will take a while, we aren't even close.
    I care less about human rights than I do animal. Humans should be able to control their fate, animals are at our mercy.

  4. Default

    Lol , have you ever eaten a piece of beef ? As a beef producer I find your premise comical. Ever swat a fly ? You should be in jail according to your ideals ......

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roddychop View Post
    Lol , have you ever eaten a piece of beef ? As a beef producer I find your premise comical. Ever swat a fly ? You should be in jail according to your ideals ......
    Do you burn your cows alive, or do you knock them out when you slaughter them? Do you feed them cows and antibiotics, or do you let them out on a pasture?

    Do you approve of people killing elephants for tusks or rhinos for horns? How about the kids, that break into people's homes and then throw the pet in the oven? Is that comical?

  6. Default

    Get real , no one is ok with animal torture, I assume you are referencing this case

    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03...n_6956172.html

    Seems the justice system takes it serious whether or not you agree with the length of the sentence.

  7. Default

    There's this one too

    http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...pack-that-size

    I don't think this person is inherently evil , but probably a bad manager of her animals. The RCMP took it serious enough to charge her.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roddychop View Post
    Get real , no one is ok with animal torture, I assume you are referencing this case

    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03...n_6956172.html

    Seems the justice system takes it serious whether or not you agree with the length of the sentence.
    Yes, that case was the one I had in mind. Of course everything can be taken to extremes. I am talking about a law that enforces basic human decency.
    No good person would ever have to worry about running afoul of such a law.

    imo the man in the link should be executed. If you don't have empathy, you are a danger to society and need to be put down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •