Thread: Nitrous bottle mounting question - what is legal?

1. Default Nitrous bottle mounting question - what is legal?

Hey - I'm looking to add a nitrous kit to my f-body and would like to know what is legal. You can buy a mount for f-bodies for between the 2 rear seats - is this legal? How about behind the driver's seat? (I'm trying to avoid mounting it in the spare tire well if possible)

Also, any other legal knowledge on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy
    1996 Pontiac Trans Am WS6...389 LT1 with Lloyd Elliot Trick Flow heads, BIG cam, 24x system w/LS1 ECU, M6 w/street twin, Moser 9", full suspension...

I believe and I 'll be corrected if I am wrong but if you run the blow off tube from the bottle outside then you are good.
    I have a problem I see Mustangs and I think "Hello there".

That is correct. ^^
    Mr. 10.0

4. Default

Thanks guys...but I would assume if you ever got pulled over you better have the bottle unhooked from the feed line?
    1996 Pontiac Trans Am WS6...389 LT1 with Lloyd Elliot Trick Flow heads, BIG cam, 24x system w/LS1 ECU, M6 w/street twin, Moser 9", full suspension...

Meh throw a jacket over it

I had a long conversation with DOT about N20 when I was filling bottles for other people & I got the actual laws on it.
    In a nutshell:
    Bottles must be secured for transport.
    The bottle valve must be closed when driving on a public road but can be fully connected.
    You can't transport more than 65lbs of N20 without safety placards on the vehicle.
    & that's about it.
    You might still get a ticket from a over zealous cop but you'll win in court if you can prove you followed the DOT requirements.

Remote valve and put her in the trunk.