Thread: Looking for a 700 R4

1. Default Looking for a 700 R4

I'm curious what you guys would do if you were looking for a 700R4 trans to drop in a project. Would you get it built locally or would you buy a built one off the net ?

I've had bad luck in the past with local shops building me overpriced crap.

It would be going behind a sbc with a somewhat lumpy cam but nothing serious. I'm looking for mildly firmer than stock shifts but nothing crazy.

Let me know what you would recommend. I'm in Calgary.

2. Default

Never mind, getting a local shop to. Build me one.

3. Default

Which local shop, if you don't mind me asking. Mine is going to need to be looked at, it slips on the 2-3 shift.
    2013 sierra 2500hd
    1967 Chevy II

4. Default

National transmission on 14th st. NW. I think his name is Brock. A guy at mopac recommended him and when I phoned he made all the right noises like he understood what I was looking for. Cheaper than buying a crate trans and the guy at mopac said warranty on a crate trans can be a pain.

With National i would be positive on what parts they are putting in the trans.. From experience have paid for aftermarket parts and got stock stuff mixed with aftermarket.
    DBR..... Fueled by Haterade
    91 SSP Coupe/Auto

6. Default Looking for a 700 R4

Because I am new to the area I am not too familiar with the performance shops. I am looking for everyones recommendation, of who they would go to if they wanted to have a coil over setup installed on my S4?