Thread: Who here has bought carbon fibre and associated supplies?

Default Who here has bought carbon fibre and associated supplies?

Just wonder who here has bought carbon fibre and the associated bagging supplies etc.

I know if industrial paints and plastics, but i have never seen them stock carbon.

Planning on build my own Red Bull wings...

Adrian
    87 GN.... Just a V6.

2. Default

They had some a couple weeks ago when I was in there on the spools by the window, I don't know if it is the cheapest place to get it but for making some smaller parts and practice it is pretty convenient.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MrSector9 View Post
    They had some a couple weeks ago when I was in there on the spools by the window, I don't know if it is the cheapest place to get it but for making some smaller parts and practice it is pretty convenient.
    I'd be surprised if Tibor didn't have stock. Bought there many times. Not the cheapest, but consistent, and the epoxy is good quality. Tried to save money and bought eBay, and was shit. Je also normally has Kevlar, and if you need something specific, he can order it.

WTF is Tibor? Are they local Toma? Also Je? Never heard of them either. Care to enlighten me?

When you did carbon work, did you guys wet lay or suction infuse the carbon?

Adrian
    87 GN.... Just a V6.

5. Default

Tibor is the man behind industrial paints & plastics. I have only played with wet lay to pretty things up and parts I was making did not really need to be that strong (snowmobile intake covers that were nla)

Got it, thanks. I will stop into I.P.P. when i am in the area next time.

Adrian
    87 GN.... Just a V6.