Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edmonton annexing more land

Default Edmonton annexing more land

From the outside looking in, I don't see this faring well for our track. Throwing out a WAG of five years before development begins in the area. Not trying to be pessimistic but a 10 year outlook doesn't look nice. You know how John Q Public feels about our hobby. Maybe, just maybe, having the airport there will help dilute the noise complaints. Interested to know the guys at Castrol's take is on this.

Obligatory dickhead Norm meme
    Md2QVGD.jpg

If you can read this, thank a teacher; If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

This is more concerning: http://corporate.flyeia.com/node/672807

Click on the Fact Sheet for more info.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

ive heard the track is gone in 3 or 4 years. runway expansion and twinning hwy 19
    Ford---at least they circle the problem

5. Default

I really hate how large Edmonton and Calgary have gotten by annexing land for expansion. Taxes go up and does someone living in the far south end of Calgary really care about what's going on 50 miles away in the north end of the city?

Would someone living in the far north end of Edmonton be concerned that their tax money is funding infrastructure in the far south end?
    www.hardtail.com
    No power adder HP

Calgary can only go North or South now. No way Rockyview county gonna give up Bearspaw, and Chestermere has up to 84th on the east side. I think I golden for a good ten years just on the south side of the ring road up north west of Deerfoot.

7. Default

Chestermere was smart. What I remember as cottage land with only a small gas station/snack bar back in the 80's is now classified as a city. They annexed as much land as they could on the North East side of Calgary to stop Calgary expansion. They didn't get as much land as they wanted but it will stop Calgary from annexing Chestermere into a community for a long time. Airdrie and Okotoks need to do the same thing as Calgary keeps getting closer and closer. I remember heading north to Symons Valley ranch for a Toys for Tots run back in the early 90's and it was a few miles of farmland to get there. Now it's right on the edge of development. Even Cochrane doesn't seem far from the city any more. Same with Bragg Creek.

8. Default

Not 1 word was mentioned in the article about castrol. I sure hope it gets to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleo View Post
    ive heard the track is gone in 3 or 4 years. runway expansion and twinning hwy 19
    Reliable source? Man that's a very aggressive timeline. Makes a guy wonder about the investments made into the facility if management knew the end was nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Cowboy View Post
    This is more concerning: http://corporate.flyeia.com/node/672807

Click on the Fact Sheet for more info.
    Fak. They're literally slamming the runway right over the track.